Monday, January 21, 2013

My expectations!

Well, I have made my plans and I'm quite pleased with them. The parts that I'm most excited about is actually my starting point (New Orleans) and my end point (Saint Paul). I think NO is a really fascinating place and I wonder if there will still be a lot of signs from Katrina. I plan to stay for three days, but if I feel there is more to see, I might stay for another day.

Saint Paul seems interesting because so many Swedes ended up there during the big immigrations during the 1800s. I bet there are a lot of Swedish/Scandinavian heritage sites, and maybe even a kind of Scandinavian atmosphere in Saint Paul.

I made calculations and I actually don't have to drive that far each day to get where I'm going. Maybe an hour's drive each day? So, there will be plenty of time to look around and make stops along the way. But - also a lot of time to get bored, if I pick the "wrong" places to stop. I think I will have to spend some time each day to read up on the places ahead to avoid making bad mistakes!

Anyway! This trip will be what I make it:)

New Orleans skyline. Picture found on Wikimedia Commons.
The image has been released into the public domain by Nlarch1

No comments:

Post a Comment