Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Coming up with ideas for your trip

This is how I came up with the ideas for today's post. My point is that if you spend some time reading about the place you're at and checking out Google streetview, you will get more ideas and actually save time. You'll also make your story more "real".
  1. I checked out my itinerary to see where I'd be and found Greenville that way.
  2. I used Google Maps streetview to travel some of the way and got a feeling of what the town and the highway looked like. I took some pictures with screen capture.
  3. I checked the weather, and discovered the fog warning that way.
  4. I remembered Walgreens from my visits to the States and checked if Greenville had one - they did!
  5. I went to the Walgreens webpage and checked out what they carried nowadays and what I might buy.
  6. I checked the IDEA archive and found the woman and her story and found a way to fit her into my story (I got the idea from Chelline's blogpost)

No comments:

Post a Comment